SUPPORTERS OF TALENTED AND GIFTED EDUCATION
Supporters of Talented And Gifted Education!
STAGE is a volunteer community advocacy group open to everyone interested in academic excellence and opportunity for students in Naperville Community Unit School District 203.
In 1987, the Naperville League of Women Voters formed a task force that evolved into a study of gifted education. The gifted education programs in twelve suburban area school districts were examined. As a result of the investigation, an action committee was created, which served as the catalyst for the formation of STAGE.
STAGE became a formal organization in February 1990.
Here are some of the activities STAGE is involved in:
- Free monthly member e-mail
- Sponsors speakers and social opportunities
- Forms study groups to evaluate programs
- Annual Summer Fair offers information on summer learning opportunities for children
- Online Extracurricular Enrichment Guide lists and describes the extracurricular activities taking place in District 203 elementary schools
- Involved in committees to help determine District 203's future direction
- Member of Illinois Association of Gifted Children (IAGC)
In April of 1998, STAGE entered a formal community partnership with School District 203. The partnership's mission is to combine resources and continue to support educational excellence for students.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT EXCELLENCE IN
EDUCATION IN SCHOOL DISTRICT 203?